Tuesday, January 19, 2010

PANOPLY Trunk Show with designer Jay Reynolds



Rochester and Edina only. This is your chance to work with designer, Jay Reynolds, as he shows his 2010 line! Jay will be in the Rochester store on Saturday, January 23 and in the Southdale store on Sunday, January 24. All in-stock Panoply Gowns will be 20% off and all Special order Panoply gowns will be 10% off. Save 20% off all Panoply in-stock gowns in our St Cloud store this weekend only.

Just for fun, I asked Jay a few questions about prom, his experience, and his stories:

1. What is your favorite current prom trend?
Color. Lot of bright prints, bright colors, bright beading.

2. Did you go to prom? Were tux styles different then?
Yes I went to Prom... Yes, my tux was powder blue with a blue ruffle tux shirt.

3. What is the most heartwarming prom-related story you've heard?
I had a customer who had a mother with cancer, and the mother told me she had saved for years to buy this dress, which was discontinued; so I had the factory make the dress, and the mother came in to pick it up, brought me cookies, and cried and cried and told me she could die happy.

4. How did you get into this industry?I was a costume designer, and designed many gowns for friends in pageants; as they started winning, stores approach me and I starting selling to retail stores; then I was hired by Sasson in NY to create a Punk Rock Prom line, and they closed, and I opened J Reynolds under my own name.

5. Tell us something interesting about Panoply's history?When I started importing from India and China I wanted to create a brand, so I started Panoply. It means 'an impressive array'; so come to Mestads to see Panoply gowns in a Panoply of colors.

6. Have any celebrities worn Panoply?Many. The MS Universe 2009 wore a gold sequin halter on the red carpet to the Academy Awards, and the Emmy awards; I also did designs for many movies, including Drop Dead Gorgeous, where I gowned Kristen Dunce, Denise Richards, and Kristie Ally.

7. What is your favorite gown in your whole spring 2010 collection?A printed full skirt gown, done in an orange multi Galaxy Rose print, with beaded midriff, halter top; it is the catalog cover for Panoply Spring 2010.

8. Is there anything else that you want prom girls to know this year?
Shop early to reserve the best dresses!

No comments:

Post a Comment